What your child will learn:
- Breath control
- Short distance swim with face down in the water and eyes open (No goggles!)
- Back float (unassisted)
- Rollover to back float from a face-down position in the water
- Short distance swim to roll back into a float, resting, breathing, then flipping over to continue short distance swim.
- Swim, float, swim across the pool to the steps or edge.
- Safely jumping into the pool and coming up to a resting back float
- Crab walk across pool edge to the steps
- React to 4 different emergency situations encountered in an aquatic environment using rescue techniques to survive
- All masted skills will be practiced in Summer and Winter clothes during the last week of swim lessons (upon request).
- Begin proper arm strokes and flutter kicks only if a child mastered all the skills above and progressed at a rapid rate.
Format of Swim Lessons
- 6-week program to master survival skills
- 4 days per week (Monday through Thursday)
- Each lesson is 15 minutes per day
- Individualized swim lessons are one-on-one with the instructor (parents do not get in the water).
- A non-refundable Registration fee of $50.00 is paid upon completion of your registration form.
- Tuition is $1,200 for 6 weeks