Pre-Competitive Swim Team
Private Rancho Santa Clubs at The Bridges & The Crosby
Pre-Comp Swim Team is a class we offer to kids aged 4 and older who can swim Freestyle with side-breathing, Backstroke, and Breaststroke on their own for one width or length of the pool. Knowledge/experience with Butterfly is a plus.
Practices will be custom-tailored to the skills and abilities of the group, with the goal of introducing our students to the basics of a competitive swim team, while still offering a high level of individual attention and support. Our Swim Team will have a maximum of 8 swimmers per practice time.
Why join our Swim Team?
Other Swim Teams for kids and young adults in San Diego have large group sizes with 15+ swimmers in the water at a time. Oftentimes newcomers who are unfamiliar with the etiquette of Organized Swimming (Circle Swimming, Interval Training, and Swim Meet Races) are often left behind to figure it out on their own or with limited support.
In our Pre-Competitive Swim Team, we’ll teach your child everything they need to know and prepare them for a competitive swim team. Students who complete Swim Baby Swim Stroke Development have learned the basics of all strokes. However, if they jump right into a Competitive Swim Team they get discouraged because they have not learned the next level of swimming when it comes to competitions. Therefore, we are offering this class to help transition our students from private lessons to competitive swimming with a team.
The foundation of the Pre-Competitive Swim Team is to teach students the basics of how to swim with an organized team. Advance their skills with technical drills, build endurance, and win swim races! We think this class will be so much fun and motivating for kids who are ready to put to use all they’ve learned from private lessons with Nicole and Kim!
What your child will learn:
- Basics of learning how to swim with an organized swim team.
- Advance their skills with technical drills of circle swimming, interval training, and swim meet races.
- Build endurance
- Lessons will be custom-tailored to the skills and abilities of the group, with the goal of introducing our students to the basics of a competitive swim team, while still offering a high level of individual attention and support. Our Swim Club will have a maximum of 6 spots available per practice time.
Format of Lessons:
- 8-week session
- 3 days a week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
- 45-minute lessons
- 2 Swim Meet Races one on Wednesday in week 4 and one on the last day of swim practice. (Swim Meet on these 2 days will be approximately 1.5-2 hours)
- A non-refundable registration fee of $50.00 for new students only is paid upon completion of your registration form. In addition, to a club fee of $177.00
- Tuition of $888.00 will be charged to your Clubs Membership account for the month when lessons start.